Thursday, June 17, 2010

Are you a patriot?

What do you think about men and women that have fought and died for our freedom.  To protect us from terrorists.  Given our lives so we could live in peace.  Do you know someone who has given their life for our safety?

If I personally knew a hero that had given his or her life fighting to save me, I would spread the word--make sure everyone I knew was aware of that selfless, loving sacrifice that person made, and I bet you would, too.

Why, then, do we not do the same for Jesus?  He sacrificed His life so that we may live.  He died fighting for our freedom from hell and torment.  From the terror of Satan and his demons.  Why do we not spread the word-tell everyone of His heroism?  Is He not deserving of that recognition?

I write this to my own shame.  It is the hardest thing in the world for me to tell someone about Jesus and His heroic act of love.  Why is that?  What about you?  Are you a patriot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails