Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My FABULOUS New Chair!!!

OK.  So, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!  About a month and a half ago, I came across this ad on Craigslist for this GORGEOUS chair! Unfortunately, the lady was asking $400.00 for this chair!!  I knew that, of course, I could not afford it.

So I went to look at in anyway.  I know, I know.  I'm not very bright.  Glutton for punishment.  I was asking for it.  Yeah, whatever.

I figured it couldn't hurt to just take a look and make her an offer.  I fell in love with it!  I told her I would be willing to pay $200 (which, honestly, is still a LOT for me, but, hey, I haven't bought nice furniture for my house, like EVER!  And this chair was perfect -almost- for my craft room and it's in perfect condition.  Newly re-upholstered!).  She said, no, she really wanted $400 for it.  I said, "Ok.  I'm sure you will get what you are asking for, but if for some reason you can't sell it, please keep my number if you're willing to come down."  I left knowing for darn sure I would never hear from this lady again.

I was wrong!  :)  She called me two days ago and said she still had the chair and was willing to come down.  AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!  So, needless to say, I borrowed my dad's truck and went to pick it up yesterday after work!

Isn't it BEAUTIFUL!?!?  I LOVES it!



I'm more of a silver than gold person, so I'm not crazy about the gold-painted wood.  I'm planning on repainting it a metallic brown color that I've used in other parts of my craft room.  This is going in my craft room, and the colors are PER-FECT!  (other than the gold, of course)

And get this!  There's more!  I was running late yesterday morning, so I thought about not using my dad's truck b/c I didn't want to take the time to trade vehicles with him for the day.  And it had been raining a lot here lately, and I didn't have the means to cover the chair once I picked it up if it started raining on my way home.  BUT. . . I said, NO!  I'm gonna go get the truck and just pray it doesn't rain!  And it's a good thing I did, too!  When I got there, the lady's husband said, "Well, we actually have two chairs.  We'll give you the second one for free if you want it, b/c it has a broken leg."  . . .

My first instinct was to screech "WHAAAAAAT!?!" at him, but I refrained and calmly said, "Free?  Um, sure, I'll take it."

It is sad that it's broken, but I'm not worried about it at all.  It's in the back left corner (which is the exact leg that's going into the corner of the room), so for now I'm just going to have my dad set it on a block of wood or something.  One day, when I've recouped from the expense (still can't believe I spent $200 on CHAIRS!), I'll take it in to a furniture store and see if they can replace it.  So I got two for the price of half!  Hehehe!

This is what the sad little broken corner looks like.  It's currently propped up on Mary Higgins Clark books.

Just goes to show that good things really do come to those that wait!  Patience is not one of my stronger virtues, so I'm pretty impressed with myself!  ;)  I've been looking for a chair for my craft room for so long!  I knew this would be the perfect chair, but I so wasn't going to spend $400.00 on one chair!

So I didn't.

And I love it!

5 comments:

  1. They are beautiful!! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Me, too! And they are really comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good things come to those who wait... and then sometimes double!! : ) You did great in the patience department - I may not have played that game as well! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, MLE. I am not a very patient person, but as it turns out, patience does pay off! lol. Maybe I've learned my lesson. . . nah, prolly not! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those chairs are GORGEOUS!! Great job being patient. It paid off! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails